How Portable Smart Devices Are Changing Customer Service Experience
Social media, smartphones, tablets and other portable smart devices are growing in the numbers of use by consumers. And consumers are the ones dictating the rules of engagement especially when it comes to customer service experience. Consumers are used to accessing information almost immediately and easily from their mobile devices from any location. But this is not necessarily a good thing for the business owners since consumer’s involvement in social sites and forums might influence their opinion and make them switch to another service or an offer.
A recent Ovum survey of 4,000 consumers reveals that, “relatively few customers are able to resolve their issues through self-service (both web and phone). Only 17% of the respondents stated that they have resolved their issues on the first attempt via web self-service.12% of respondents were able to resolve their queries using independent blogs and forums, and 11% via an automated touch-tone phone service.
It all comes down to the fact that even though customers can find a wider variety of information online, often they do not find exactly what they are looking for and much of the information available online might be outdated. In order to improve customer service experience businesses must look at the ways consumers use web and by resolving top concerns, which shall reduce the need of customers to reach customer service agents.
Improving Customer Service Experience
- Make sure you are communicating with your customers via social media and self-service and using first-contact resolution (FCR) through email or FAQ page.
- Make website easier to use and add web chat tool.
- Monitor your social media closely to make sure no question gets unanswered.
- Link information across every channel you are using both internally and externally.
- Review the feedback received and act upon it.
- Remember that this is an outgoing process!
This might not seem like you are expending your business but in the long run it means precisely that. Expansion is good. Don’t be afraid of it and look into small business financing. There are options beyond traditional banks. And just like your customers deserve a fast response you deserve a fast financing easily!